My husband and I were at a crossroads with our financial life. We had credit debt, car debt, student loan debt, and a mortgage. Not unlike many other families in America. However, we had hopes of moving into our dream home before we were 40. We have two children ages 3 and 12 with no money saved for their college. We had not one cent in a savings account.
We were at the mall doing some after Christmas shopping when I noticed your book. My husband laughed at me and said we can’t affort to buy that book. I bought it anyway.
It was the best decision I could have made. I was able to read your book in three days flat.
Upon completion, I am thrilled to say that we have accomplished the following financial goals:
1. We are automatically contributing 15% each into our retirement funds.
2. We were able to negotiate lower payments and interest on all of our credit cards. (We cut them up and using them is NOT an option!)
3. We were able to get all of the cards current and below the credit limit.
4. We began a savings account with $300.00- that we didn’t know we had.
5. And the most important thing is that we realized we did have extra money.
We did all of this in one week with not a penny more than we made the month before. By watching where we spent our money we realized that all of our extra money was simply being spent on buying things and going out to eat. Now that we have our finances on the right track- we look at money in a new light. We have decided that it is more important to have money in the bank than to have things in our home!
You have taught us both how to value our money and our futures. Without you, we would still be living paycheck to paycheck.
Thank you for saving our lives!
I am looking forward to attending your seminar in March.
Andrea and Johnny Cleveland